Wednesday, October 24, 2007

HW 24: A Room of My Own

We have made much progress since these which can easily be seen by how many books have been written by women, and simply the fact that women can do and go anywhere that they please without consent or being accompanied by someone. In the very beginning she finds a book written by Mary Carmicheal that she sits down to read. In the library she says "There are books on all sorts of subjects which a generation age no women would have touched" (Woolf 79). She is saying that a while ago all these books in this librarby would have never been toched by women until now because they were not allowed into the library.

As for a room of my own, I have two. I have one which is my dorm room and another at my home in Mass. Both rooms are extremely comfortable and a place for me to go an relax or just hang out. My room is a very important place to me because i spend so much time there whether it be doing work, watching television, or hanging out with friends. "The rooms differ so completely;...are hard as horsehair or soft as feathers" (Woolf 87). This quote may not be very important but to me it seems that she is saying that a room can be anything. A room can be calm or is can be thunderous, if a room is full of candles and beautiful aromas, it peaceful and calming. But if you walk into a room and it is dirty with loud music and dark, it's thunderous. My room is a light pink, with a black white and pink comforter,many pillows to match, pictures all over the wall and a large closet, to me it is peaceful to other people it may seem girly, or sporty with the trophies up on shelves, everyone has a different perspective on how a room may look to them.

No comments: